Thursday, December 24, 2009

Late: Happy Two Years!

On December 3rd, 2009, I had Bella for two years. But because of a lot of Bella related drama and Sasha's passing, I didn't post about it.

To start, I'd like to quote what I said on her one year gotcha day.
I can't believe it's been a year with my girlie already!

In the short year I've had her, I'm learned a lot. And I have a very strong feeling there's still a lot more learning to be done. Bella has become my constant companion, when I'm home, she's always somewhere close, beside me, on top of me, or looming over me in the stairs while I watch TV in the living room. It's amazing to me how much I have grown to love her in just 365 days. She has become a big part of my life, and the bond that she and I have created in this short time gets stronger and stronger every day; everytime we meet a goal; everytime she licks my face.

When I first got Bella, a lot of people told me she'd pay me back for rescuing her. I knew I'd get love, trust, and lots of puppy kisses as a payment, but I never expected to get the devotion, the strong bond, or the amount of love she gives in a day.

Bella has met the goal personality wise, that I had set for my next dog. She has been everything I asked for, a water dog, a tug dog, a toy dog; all of that, and so so much more.

We still have problems, and dogs we see outside of the house are still an issue, but we're working, and we'll get through it. I know we will.
I know it sounds silly, my speaking so emotionally of a dog, but I figure if anyone would understand how I'm feeling, it would be you guys here who know the love of a dog.

Okay, so enough of my blubbering. Here are a few pictures from the day I saw her at her second owners house to now.

From this:
My girlie looking up at the person holding the camera, because the person 'had to stand on a table' to 'keep her from jumping on them'.

To this:
Sitting in a perfect sit stay, waiting for her next command. Wearing her hunters orange vest (And doing so without a hesitation!).

So, to everyone who has helped me with advice be it on training, health, or even convincing my parents to let me get her. Thank you. I couldn't have come this far with Bella-baloo with you the help of you.

~~~~~~~


Of course, since then things have changed from what I thought they would, and it's a very different story with Bella, but the idea's still there.

The moral of the story? Love those who no one else would and you'll receive a pleasant surprise in return.



No comments:

Post a Comment